How to Earn Money From YouTube | Complete Guide – 2019
YouTube is the largest online video sharing platform where you can monetize your videos. Is not it great? You can share your ideas/creativity and earn on the same platform. Apart from that, it is a global platform so you can grab your audiences from all over the world.
Here you don’t pay even a single penny to upload videos still you get unlimited storage along with other beneficial services to make your channel better. Thus YouTube is a great medium to broadcast your ideas o the internet.
How to earn money from YouTube
Though this question seems to be a basic one it is deep and has different aspects. To know how to earn from YouTube you must learn how to create and set up the YouTube channel, how to monetize a YouTube channel etc. That is why I am breaking this post into few subparts.
How to set up YouTube channel
Nowadays everyone has a google account so assuming you have one, let’s dive into the tutorial.
- First of all, open your web browser and type https://www.youtube.com
- Now look at the top right corner of the screen, you will see the SIGN IN button, Click on it.
- Type your email id and password and Sign in, you will be taken to the YouTube home page.
- Click on your profile and select Creator Studio.
- Click on Create a channel.
- Enter your First name & Last name and create click, Create Channel.
- Now as your channel is created, click on the + icon on the top left corner.
- Select Upload video and you will be taken to a new page.
- Click on “Select files to upload” and select the video/Drag and drop the video you want to upload.
- Give appropriate title, description, and tags and wait till the uploading & processing get completed.
- Click on Publish, that’s it, your video is now live on YouTube.
Now as you have learned how to create a YouTube channel your next task will be to enable monetization on your channel. Yes, when you create a new channel by default monetization feature is not enabled, you have to do it manually. Follow the tutorial below to do it properly.
How to enable monetization on YouTube
You can see there are several options under Creator Studio on the left-hand side of your YouTube homepage.
- Click on “Channel” and wait till the page opens
- It will open the page, “Status and features”.
- On the top of the page, you can see the name of the channel and an option “Verify” exactly beside the name, Click on it.
- Select your country, enter your mobile number and Submit.
- A 6 digit verification code will be sent to your mobile number enter that code and Submit.
- Now your channel is verified.
- Now again click on Channel.
- You will see there are many features like Uploading, Monetization, Live Streaming etc.
- Enable Monetization
- Now a few steps will be shown to complete the process, it will tell you to read the YPP terms, Signing Up for Adsense etc.
- Complete the process and monetization will be enabled.
Here YouTube recently added a new condition, i.e. Your channel must have 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours to be reviewed by YouTube. Once they review your channel and if your channel does not violate their policies, advertisements will be enabled for your channel.
How much do YouTubers make from YouTube
When it comes to making money online most of the youngsters think YouTUbe is the easiest option though it isn’t fully accurate. Yes, YouTube is a worldwide platform where you upload your videos and start making money against advertisings shown on the same. The whole process is not as simple as it seems to be.
The earning varies from region to region and category to category. A view, on YouTube, is only considered to be profitable when an ad is being played for at least 30 seconds or the viewer clicks on it.
When you check on Socialblade to find out, how much a YouTuber earn, you will be greatly motivated. Though the actual scenario is somewhat different. If you as a YouTuber want to reach that high you really need to work extremely hard or should I say extremely smart.
On an average, a Youtuber earn nearly $2-$3 for each 1000 view from Adsense. This rate may vary depending on the category of the niche and location of the targeting audiences.
Apart from that, a creator can earn from sponsorships and other paid promotions of different brands. Now you must have got the rough idea of earning from YouTube.
Also Read: 50 Ways To Drive Huge Traffic From YouTube
How to increase your earnings on YouTube
The situation may arise that you are earning from Adsense against the ads showing on your videos but it is not sufficient as per the effort you give to make your videos. If you want to make more money on YouTube in addition to the earnings from Adsense you can choose from the following options.
- If your earnings from Adsense is less and you want to increase it, Affiliate marketing is a great option. Affiliate marketing is a type of online marketing where you share links of various products based on your niche to your audiences.
- You will earn a commission if they buy from your links. You can use different affiliate programs like Amazon Associates, Flipkart Affiliate, eBay etc.
- If your channel is about website development or SEO you can use Bluehost, Bigrock, GoDaddy, eWallHost, HostGator. Travel niche based channel owners can use TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Agoda, Yatra.com etc.
Make money on YouTube by selling products or merchandise
- If you have a huge fan base you can start your own merchandise and sell your products to earning on a large scale.
Promote brands as an influencers
- If you have built a trust with your audiences and they value your suggestion you can promote good brands and influence your viewers to buy products from that brand.
- Make sure you don’t misguide the viewers for money. Promote only those brands which seem to be useful and beneficial to them.