We all know that WhatsApp has become the most popular messaging platform during the last few years. Most of the smart phone users using it according to their need. It is so much popular because of its features and easy-to-use user interface. Since last year the network of WhatsApp users has grown noticeably. In February, this year WhatsApp made some changes in its user interface and came with a new concept namely, ‘Status’.
Status is the area where you can upload your pictures/short length videos to keep your friend circle informed where you are, what are you doing, how is your mood, how the day was and the list goes on. It is basically popular among the youths. It was a short description about the term WhatsApp status. Now let’s come to the point, i.e. – How to save videos/pictures from WhatsApp status?
How To Save?
Though it may seem very strange to some people but the fact is, sometimes we want/need to save someone’s status. The process is a cakewalk, just follow the steps below.
- First open WhatsApp and play the video/view the picture (to let the file be saved in your phone memory).
- Download ES File Explorer from Play Store and install it. (Any file manager app will do, but its user interface is a little bit easy)
- Tap on the Hamburger icon. (Three dotted lines at the upper left corner of the screen)
- Scroll down until you see the option, “Show hidden files”, enable it by tapping the toggle button.
- Now go to Internal Storage -> WhatsApp -> Media -> Statuses, here you will find all the pictures/videos that are uploaded by your friends as WhatsApp status.
- Long press on the picture/video you want to save and tap on “Copy”
- Go to any folder (by tapping the back button) where you want to save, and paste it.
That’s all, you have successfully saved a WhatsApp picture/video.